Lab Experiment #2 For My Biology Students – Grades 5-6
To Do: I would like my students to research some experiments of there choice and of something they have interest in. I would like them to
- Present a Question for the experiment
- Perform it with One Partner
- Present the experiment in Video Format
- Upload to YouTube
My Example – My Question to you is: What do yeast like to eat?
- Yeast is a fungus and it likes to eat, just like me and you
- Yeast produces Carbon Dioxide just like me and you
- Yeast will grow when it has food and water
- Yeast can be used in baking and if you take a slice of bread and if you look at it carefully you will see bubbles which are the Carbon Dioxide bubbles produced by the yeast
- I will be using Sugar, Salt, Flour and the Control which will just have yeast and water, then to each I will add one packet of yeast and water.
- I am using zip block bags so I will be able to capture Carbon Dioxide.
- Next, I will identify what the yeast likes to eat by the amount of bubbles produced which is the Carbon Dioxide.
- Does it like Salt? Does it like Flour? Does it like Sugar? Or None? Watch the Video and Enjoy!
In order to do this assignment I used the video camera on my phone to record and then I uploaded the video to YouTube.